Purpose and Eligibility:
The purpose of the Teacher of the Year contest is to recognize the outstanding conservation education efforts of West Virginia’s teachers.
All teachers in public, parochial and private schools in WV are eligible to participate in the program. Elementary (grades K-6) and secondary (grades 7-12) educators will be recognized in separate categories.
To be eligible for the contest:
• Educators must be teaching full-time in the classroom and be personally responsible for developing a conservation education program.
• Teachers who are conservation district officials cannot compete, but associate officials may.
• Team teachers are eligible, but awards will only be made to the designated leader.
• Educators who have won first place in the last three years are not eligible to compete.
• Educators who submit an entry and do not win an award may resubmit their entries the following year.
Any teacher who meets the eligibility requirements may enter the contest. Teachers can nominate themselves, or someone else in the district may nominate them.
To enter the contest:
• Fill out the entry form. (You can download the form from the link below)
• Include the entry form and all supporting materials with your submission to your Conservation District.
Teacher of the Year Entry Form
June 30, 2014 - Nominations must be submitted to the teacher's local conservation district.
July 8, 2014 - Conservation district submits the winning teacher entry from each category to the education committee chairperson of the WVACD.