The fourteen (14) Conservation Districts may utilize a competitive bid process for project contracts above $2,500.00. Examples of work include stream blockage removal; 319 Non-point Source projects; and operation, maintenance, and repair on flood control structures.
Job Showing Attendance Is Mandatory - Job Specs are received at the job showing only.
To be eligible to bid on project contracts, contractors must be present at the job showing and must arrive prior to the listed Job Showing Time to receive the Notice to Prospective Bidders. Contractors arriving after the Job Showing Time will not be permitted to participate.
THE CONTRACTOR MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN THEIR BID PACKET:
|1. Bid Schedule Sheet||(page from "Notice to Prospective Bidders")|
|2. Company/Business Data Sheet||(page from "Notice to Prospective Bidders")|
|3. No Debt Affidavit||(page from "Notice to Prospective Bidders")|
|4. Drug Free Workplace Confirmation Affidavit||(page from "Notice to Prospective Bidders")|
|5. Contractor's License|
|6. Business License|
|7. Certificate of liability Insurance|
|8. Bid Guarantee (If Required)|
Bids will be rejected if the Contractor's License, Business License, and Certificate of Liability Insurance are omitted unless stated otherwise in job announcement.
Any omissions of paperwork or data on the paperwork will cause the bid to be rejected
Criteria for Contractor's License, Business License, and Certificate of Liability Insurance are as follows:
1. A copy of your current WEST VIRGINIA CONTRACTORS LICENSE from the approved West Virginia Division of Labor Contractor Licensing list located at the following link:
The required classification(s) will be listed in the posting for each project below.
2. A copy of your current WEST VIRGINIA BUSINESS LICENSE
3. A copy of your CERTIFICATE OF LIABILITY INSURANCE
During the bid evaluation the contract specialist will ensure all proper documentation listed above is received and accurate.
The evaluation process will also verify the contractor is in good standing with:
1. State Debarred Vendor list
2. Federal debarment or Suspension list
3. Default on Unemployment Taxes
4. Employer Violations List for Unemployment Taxes
5. Default on Workers' Compensation
6. Employer Violators List for Workers' Compensation